Thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.*
From October 11 through November 4, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day for 25 days. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $150 is:
· One reusable grocery tote
· Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
· One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
· One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology
· Two Energizer flashlights
· Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
· One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
In addition you can find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet.
Remember to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when you set your clocks back; it could help save a life.
My children have been studying fire safety this month at school. They even had a visit by a fire truck and fireman. Over the weekend my sons homework was to have a fire drill. This was probably the first time my children had heard the sound the fire alarm makes. I don't think it donned on me until then that they probably need to hear it more regularly so they are aware of what it is and what they need to do if they hear it.
Win it: 1 Coupon Clippin' Mommy reader will win a Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote.
- Two packages of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 10 years
- One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
- One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
Mandatory Entry: Comment and let me know when is the last time you replaced the batteries in your smoke alarm.
Please make sure if your email address is not visible in your blogger profile you leave one in your initial entry! Additional Entries:
- "like" Energizer Bunny® Facebook page
- Follow CouponClippin on twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway including @CouponClippin and a link to this post (daily)
#win an Energizer Family Safety Kit valued at approximately $78 @couponclippin http://bit.ly/TQkyoo Ends 11/9 #giveaway
- Follow Coupon Clippin' Mommy via Google Friends Connect
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Pin this giveaway (3 entries)
- Subscribe to Coupon Clippin Mommy
- Share this post on Facebook (3 entries)
- Like Coupon Clippin' Mommy on Facebook
- Add my button to your blog (leave me a link were I can find it)
Disclaimer: I received batteries in exchange for this post/hosting the giveaway. No other compensation was received. All views expressed are my own opinions.
* Fire statistics were obtained from reports by the Fire Analysis and Research Division of the National Fire Protection Association.